Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Getting A Job

I sit here with a bachelor's degree in business management. A person would think that this person should be able to get a job with this degree. It does not work that way here in this small town that I live in the only places around here for a good job would be with the state or county but a person that is not a friend or family member cannot get a job with any of these company's because it is all family run. Banks, and loan places are not that great either your credit must be excellent or you will not be considered for employment even if you have great education and experience. It is a sad shame that company's like this will not take a chance on someone with education, good people skills, and still going further with their education to be some one in this world. You are either over qualified, or you do not have enough experience to qualify for a position. I have been told that it does not matter how much education you have that still does not qualify you to be a manager. I think this is a load of bull because there are many people that get a lot of education and have great jobs. I am a single mother of three children and going to college to better my education and I still have not found a good job and out of all the resumes that I have sent out no one has replied except for insurance agencies, and gas stations. For example, about a year ago I had an interview with a bank branch manager for a teller position went to the interview, and he told me about the position and that it was part time. Which was not a problem and he said that he would be back in touch with me. I never recieved a call about the position and I know why because of my credit report which should not be considered in obtaining employment with anyone. There are plenty of reasons why some things would show up on a credit report but no one wants to hear about it. There are plenty of honest hard working people out there that will do what it takes for the company that they work for but never get the chance because of stupidity like this. It is very exahusting thinking about this type of stuff and how I can find a better job to support my family. But these days no one in this town will take a chance on someone because of education, credit reports, and other things I am sure. Sometimes I feel like people are threatened by the education that I have, and they seem afraid that I will take their job. I have achieved so much over the past five years and nothing to show for it even though I am happy with the accomplishments that I have made through the years I am still unhappy that there is no jobs out there, and no help out their for people who try and do the right things like get an education, work, and keep their children safe from harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments


Tammy
Pennsylvania
"If you notice alot of the items in this country are made out of the country. We are hard pressed anymore to find items made here. AND if you want to talk to a person who does speak english, good luck with that!!!! Most calls are directed to Turkey, Iran, or heaven only knows where. (Believe me, I have tried to be nice to them but it is hard) If items we want are made in these great united states, there aren't enough of them. I have spent two weeks looking for one item for a special Christmas present only to be told that "it might be in" before Christmas. "

MP3 Clips

Search 2.0